Pursuing career as an ENT surgeon; with the assistance of pioneers in the field of Otorhinolaryngology, in a reputed medical organization, to expand knowledge and skills, both technical and surgical, through experience, continuing education sources and research and to employ the advancing knowledge and techniques in comprehensive care, as a competent professional and compassionate human being with a positive and bigger outlook.
MS ENT : Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre (RGUHS), India, Bangalore; 2016-19
MBBS : Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre (RGUHS),
India, Bangalore; 2009-14 plus 1 year compulsory rotatory internship
10th & 12th : Our Own Indian School, Dubai, UAE
Lifetime Member of ‘The Association of Otolaryngologists of India’ (AOI LM No: 6718)
Nominated as a candidate for AOB BEST OUTGOING PG GOLD MEDAL 2019.
Thesis : Clinical study on Tinnitus with respect to Etiology and Treatment
Poster Presented : Lingual Thyroid
Paper Presented : A Study on the Etiopathogenesis of Vocal Cord Paresis and Palsy
Contribution of a chapter in a book: Intractable Epistaxis Secondary to Traumatic Pseudoaneurysm of Internal Carotid Artery in the book New Frontiers in Medicine and Medical Research.
1. A Study on Otorhinolaryngological Presentations in COVID 19 Patients in a Tertiary Health Care Centre by Bindya Nayak.
2. A Comparative Study Between Window Operation and Through and Through Suturing in Pseudocyst (Seroma) of Pinna by Dr. Jedhin Raveendran.
3. A Comparative Study to Evaluate the Effects of Intranasal Steroid Spray, Saline Nasal Irrigation and Combination Therapy in Patients with Allergic Rhinitis by Dr. Vijaylaxmi.
1. Noise Induced Hearing Loss (Awareness) by Dr. Bindya Nayak
2. Noise Induced Hearing Loss by Dr. Vijaylaxmi
3. A Rare Case of Fibrolipoma of Buccal Mucosa by Dr. Vijaylaxmi
4. A Rare Case of Nasal Castleman’s Disease by Dr. Jedhin Raveendran
5. Rare Masses Encountered in the Nose by Dr. Yasho Poornashree
6. A Rare Encounter with Schneiderian Papilloma of Nose by Dr. Ashika Bagaria
7. Suppurative Dacryoadenitis – A Rare Complication of Rhinosinunsitis by Dr. Shoaib Amir
1. Medical Management of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media: Comparison between Topical Acetic Acid and Combination Antibiotics. Dr. Anil H. T., Dr. Nikitha Pillai. International Journal of Medical Sciences and Current Research. Sept-Oct. 2018. Vol 1. Issue 3. 50-57.
2. A Study on Etiopathogenesis of Vocal Cord Paresis and Palsy in a Tertiary Centre. H. T. Anil, N. Lasya Raj, Nikitha Pillai. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. 2019 Sept; 71 (3): 383-389. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-018-1502-5. Epub 2018 Oct 8.
3. Bilateral Pneumothorax Post Emergency Airway Intervention. H. T. Anil, S. G. Smitha, Nikitha Pillai. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. 02 Nov 2018. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12070-018-1521-2.
4. Post Tonsillectomy Haemorrhage Secondary to Dengue Fever. Anil H. T., Nikitha Pillai. IP Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Allied Science. July-Sept. 2019: 2 (3): 81-84.
5. Intractable Epistaxis Secondary to Traumatic Pseudoaneurysm of Internal Carotid Artery. Nikitha Pillai, Smitha Soubhagya Gangaraj. Clinical Rhinology-An International Journal, May–December 2019: 12 (2, 3): 63-65.
6. Comparative study on the effects of pre-operative intranasal steroid spray versus oral steroid on intraoperative bleed in FESS for nasal polyposis. Jagannath B., Nikitha Pillai, Bharath Kumar K. L. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. May 2021: 7 (5).
7. A Study on Otorhinolaryngological Presentations in COVID 19 Patients in a Tertiary Health Care Centre. Smitha S. G., Nikitha Pillai, Bindya Nayak, Jedhin Raveendran. Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.
8. A Comparative Study Between Window Operation and Through and Through Suturing in Pseudocyst (Seroma) of Pinna. Smitha S. G., Nikitha Pillai, Jedhin Raveendran. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. June 2021: 7(6): 983-987.
9. A Comparative Study to Evaluate the Effects of Intranasal Steroid Spray, Isotonic Saline Nasal Irrigation and Combination Therapy in Patients with Allergic Rhinitis. Smitha Soubhagya Gangaraju, Nikitha Pillai, Vijaylaxmi Manthal. International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. June 2021: 7(6): 1004-1009.
CMES, Workshops and Conferences Attended:
1. Speaker in Online Webinar on ‘Otoscopy Workshop’ conducted by Cipla Group on 07/01/2021.
2. Speaker in Online Webinar on ‘Management of COVID Situation’ conducted by Cipla (Inspira) Group on 14/07/2021.
3. Speaker in Online Webinar on ‘Optimizing Control in Moderate to Severe Allergic Rhinitis’ conducted by Glenmark Group on 15/07/2021.
1. Speaker in Annual Summit on Endoscopy and Advances in Otolaryngology by Larix International on Current Research, Outcomes and New Technologies in ENT, July 2019, Singapore.
2. Invitation Received as Speaker: SCON World Congress on Cardiology and Heart Diseases, November 2019, Las Vegas, USA.
3. Invitation Received as Speaker: International Conference on Otorhinolaryngology ENT 2021, October 2021, Dubai, UAE.
1. MasterClass ENT Workshop by Alembic : August 2016
2. Live Surgical Demonstration on FESS 2016 : December 2016
3. Otology 25 Conference 2017 : March 2017
4. ENTRAIN Live Surgical Workshop 2017 in KIMS Hospital : July 2017
5. AOIKON State ENT Conference 2017 in Bagalkote : September 2017
6. Temporal Bone Dissection Hands on Workshop, MENTS Hospital : December 2017
7. MasterClass ENT Workshop 2017 by Alembic : August 2017
8. International Cholesteatoma Live Surgical Workshop 2018 : March 2018
9. Thyroplasty Hands on Workshop in MENTS Hospital : April 2018
10. ENTRAIN Live Surgical Workshop 2018 in KIMS Hospital : July 2018
11. MasterClass ENT Workshop 2018 by Alembic : August 2018
12. AOI SOUTH KCON 2018- State Conference in Mandya : October 2018
13. ISOCON Mysore 2018 : November 2018
14. KSHEMA – OSCE Workshop 2019 : January 2019
15. International Live Surgical Rhinoplasty Workshop 2019 : February 2019
16. 2nd Annual CME on Snoring and OSA 2019 : February 2019
17. MasterClass ENT Workshop 2019 by Alembic : August 2018
18. Cadaveric Temporal Bone Hands on Dissection Programme 2019 : September 2019
19. International Conference on Trans-Oral Laser Microsurgery 2019 : November 2019
20. MBRU COVID Course on Breaking Chain of COVID 19 Infection : March 2020
21. Live Temporal Bone Dissection Course-Part 2 : August 2020
22. Web MD Global CME on Macrolide Antibiotics- Aspects for Success in Treatment of Respiratory Tract Infections : January 2021
23. AOI Digital Summit : February 2021
Currently working as Senior Resident in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, since 02/08/2019.
- Effective communication skills with patients, families and other medical professionals.
- Excellent leadership skill in leading and managing medical staff in providing patients with quality health care.
- Ability to accurately and quickly diagnose patient conditions in emergency situations to ensure they receive the treatment they need.
- Highly organized, to manage appointments, records, and patient details in order.
- Focused with extra attention to details to avoid mistakes made in diagnosis and treatment
- Proficient in minor, major surgical procedures like Adenotonsillectomy, SMR, Septoplasty, Tympanoplasty etc. and several lifesaving procedures like Tracheostomy.
- Able to deliver better service by understanding the many differences among different cultural groups.
- Efficient in organizing continuous medical education programs with the help of a team including residents, interns, nursing staff and faculty.
- Confident oration skills helpful in CMEs, seminars and webinars.
- Ability to guide residents, interns and undergraduates in conducting and publishing research projects and studies and in putting up effective presentations.
- Efficient in managing COVID 19 emergencies and non- emergencies effectively.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Dancing (Trained for 12 years and won several prizes for Classical Dances during school and college days including Post Graduation)
- Singing and Poetry Recitation
- Elocutions and Public Speaking
- Story and Poem writing
- Drawing, Painting, Art and Crafts
- Sports like Badminton, Carroms
I,DR. NIKITHA PILLAI ,working as an ENT consultant ,aspires in exploring new ventures in all aspects of science and medicine. As an ENT surgeon, I believe in expanding knowledge and skill ,both technical and surgical, through experience , continuing education source and research and to employ the advancing knowledge and techniques in comprehensive care, as a competent professional and compassionate human being with a positive and bigger outlook.
I have been a part of many research programes , conferences and medical education programes that I have been able to publish more than 10 articles in various journals (national and international) in less than 3 years. Beyond presenting and guiding post graduates for paper and poster presentations in conferences, I was also a speaker in an international conference conducted in Singapore . I have been invited as speaker to various international conferences in the recent years. To add on , I have also been speaker to some of the recent webinars related to COVID- 19 and ENT . Some or many of my extra curricular talents have helped me organize, entertain and win in various competitions and shows too from childhood till date.
Being born and brought up in a place like Dubai and have a continued education
We are always at your side.
We are 24 hours available for you in emergency situation.