Brain Tumor is a serious problem classified into malignant (cancerous) and benign (non-cancerous) conditions. It is an outgrowth of cells of the brain that is enclosed within the skull. It can cause intracranial pressure and damage to the skull and brain cells if not treated at the right time.
There can be many causes of brain tumours. And depending on that, the Brain Tumor can be Primary or Secondary. Primary Tumor is caused or formed from the brain tissues, whereas Secondary Tumor is caused due to other body parts, but it directly affects the brain cells.
The complications of the Brain tumours depend on their location and size. However, if the cancer cells are multiplying at a higher rate, this condition becomes dangerous and serious.
Common Types of Brain Tumor:
- Meningioma: This type of tumor arises on the surface of the brain or beneath the skull. This is Non-Cancerous and develops in rare cases.
- Pineoblastoma: This is an aggressive type of tumor that is rated as Grade-IV by WHO. This develops in the pineal gland and also known as a small round blue cell tumor.
- Pituitary Tumor: This tumor develops in the Pituitary gland and is counted as a rare type of brain tumor.
- Choroid Plexus Carcinoma: This type of tumor arises from the choroid plexus of the brain and is rated as Grade-III by WHO. This is majorly found in children below 5 years of age.
- Craniopharyngioma: This tumor develops near the Pituitary stalk and is non-cancerous. The Adamantinomatous Craniopharyngioma majorly develops in children and Papillary Craniopharyngioma develops in adults.
Ways to Identify Brain Tumor:
Brain Tumor produces some severe symptoms that cause a disturbance in the regular functioning of the brain and other body parts.
- Severe Headache
- Irritation and unidentifiable pain in the brain area.
- Vomiting and queasiness
- Low Sensation in feet and hands.
- Difficulty while moving feet and hands
- Unable to maintain balance and coordination as earlier
- Unwanted Confusions
- Unidentifiable changes in behavior
- Hearing difficulties
- Speaking difficulties
Note: Symptoms may differ as per the location, shape, and size of the tumor.
Treatments for Brain Tumor:
The Treatment of the Brain Tumor depends on the severity and type. The common treatments used by the doctors to diagnose Brain Tumor are:
- Surgery: Surgery is the common treatment of a brain tumor, where the complexity depends on the size and location of the tumor.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves the agents to prevent the spread and growth of tumor cells. These agents are administrated through the oral route or intravenously.
- Radiation Therapy: In Radiation Therapy, high-intensity radiations are targeted on the affected area to kill tumor cells. These radiations are used with chemotherapy to improve the treatment process.
The Brain Tumor Diagnosing process involves Neurological examination, brain scan, biopsy test, and blood test. Once the Tumor type, size, and location are detected, the doctor decides the best treatment to cure it. So whenever you notice any type of brain tumor symptoms, simply got it examined. However, you can’t make a wrong decision while choosing the doctor and hospital as this medical problem is serious.
Jyotsna Hospital has a team of professional and specialized doctors that can provide you with the best health care and medical services. So for more details, contact us.