Flu spreads faster than you think and catches anyone who comes in close contact with the affected person. And there is no safe place in the season of flu. So, how to calm down the spread of Flu? Some precautions and advisories by the professionals can help you out. You can follow them and take appropriate actions from your side.
7 Precautions to take during Flu Season:
- You don’t disinfect yourself: Most of us don’t disinfect ourselves properly while taking extra caution during Flu season is necessary. You should take a bath and wash your hands as much time as you can to stay healthy.
- You ignore symptoms: Flu comes with some early symptoms, like stuffy nose, headache, mild fever, persistent coughs, etc., which you should not ignore. Call the doctor when you notice them.
- You don’t take rest: While suffering from Flu, your body becomes weak. And that’s why taking a day off from your daily life and resting becomes essential.
- You ignore the Flu Shot: The common mistake people make is avoiding the Flu Vaccine. The flu shot is essential to fight against the chronic and acute flu virus. So according to the doctors at Jyotsna Hospital, you must get the Flu Shot every year in February or March as it takes 6 to 8 months to create antibodies in your body and make your winters healthy.
- You take Antibiotics: Antibiotics are not appropriate for all types of flu. Therefore, recommending the doctor and then consuming it will help. Overuse or misuse of any antibiotic can be harmful to your body.
- You prefer OTC medicines: Over-the-counter medicines can also harm your body as the pharmacy owner can’t be sure about the type of flu, and they will recommend the medication as per your description.
- You take too much stress: You should not take too much stress while suffering from Flu, as stress hormones can exacerbate the symptoms. Take proper rest and contribute to the healing process.
We hope these precautions will make your life simpler during Flu Season.