Psoriasis is a chronic immune-mediated skin disease that causes red scaly patches on the affected area. It is very commonly seen on head, hands, back, elbow, and feet. And if left untreated, it can affect the bones and joints. Today, Dermatology has found some very effective Psoriasis treatments. Their efficiency depends on the type of Psoriasis, age of the patient, and morbidity. Have a look!
- Topical Therapy: This type of therapy involves lotions and ointments that are perfect for smaller skin areas. It can reduce cell proliferation and decrease the irritation, severity, redness and itches. The ointments and lotions involved in this treatment are rich in Salicylic acid, Tar, Topical Retinoid, Topical Vitamin D3, etc., which are capable of solving skin problems.
- Oral Medications: As the name suggests, in Oral Medication, the doctor prescribes the patient with some medicines that are capable to cure this problem. The dermatologist will understand the patient’s condition and past medical history to decide the right medication for them.
- Excimer Laser: This is a new technique that can efficiently treat chronic as well as localized plaque Psoriasis. Here, a high-intensity beam of UVB is emitted on the affected area to cure the problem deeply. The number of sessions can vary from four to ten, depending on the severity of the problem.
- Biologicals: Unlike any other traditional drugs, Biologicals focus only on the body part affected by Psoriasis. It blocks the affected cells and proteins in the body that are forming Psoriasis and cures the problem. It is injected in the patient’s body, who is not able to get treated from any other therapy.
- Phototherapy: It is a light therapy, where the ultraviolet light is exposed to the affected area. Medical professionals performed this therapy, and it is counted as the best treatment. This treatment can be performed at home or the hospital, as per the patient’s convenience.
Now you know about the Therapies to treat Psoriasis. But for the lasting and efficiently cure, you have to make sure that therapy is performed by professionals. At Jyotsna Hospital, we have a team of professional Dermatologists who can diagnose this problem. So contact us now!